The Technology Task Force was organized in February 2008. Its mission is to use technology to improve the quality of residents of Southwest and near-Southeast DC. This includes:
o Maintaining the www.swdc.org Internet web site as a resource for information important to residents.
o Collecting and supplying computers to families and students who can benefit from them. SWNA is one of only four Microsoft Registered Refurbishers in the
District of Columbia.
1) Update and expand the www.swdc.org web site.
2) Collect old computers and refurbish them for use by families in Southwest.
3) Set up computer centers at public housing and recreation centers in Southwest DC.
4) Obtain computer software at low cost for distribution to needy families.
5) Scan all available past issues of The Southwester and publish them on the SWNA web site and on DVD.
For more information, contact Perry Klein