Southwest DC: Welcome Home!
Southwest and Near Southeast is a walkable residential community on the Capitol Waterfront.
Billions of dollars are being invested in development projects along the Potomac and Anacostia Rivers to:
- Redevelop the Maine Avenue Waterfront with residential, retail and office space
- Create a new Town Center called Waterfront Station with residential and neighborhood-oriented retail at 4th & M Street, SW
- Build a sports and entertainment District on South Capitol Street
- Replace 23 acres of Arthur Capper public housing with Capitol Quarter, a mixed income community
- Replace 40 Acres of brownfield along the Anacostia River next to the Washington Navy Yard with 2,800 residential units, office and retail and park spaces
Come discover Washington, DC’s Capitol Waterfront.